There's been a big rush of registering for our first annual meeting on 5 & 6 September 2017 at St Hilda's College, Oxford. It's going to be an exciting launch with interesting talks and plenty of networking opportunities. This is your chance to input into the Network and how we can best benefit you so don't miss out - registration is only open to members, but both joining VALIDATE and joining our annual meeting is free and simple via our website.
A big welcome to our newest members: Profs Delia Boccia (LSHTM) and Bernardo Villarreal Ramos (APHA) as Investigators, and Drs Anne Wajja (UVRI) and Elena Stylianou (University of Oxford) as Associates. It's great to see so many people joining the network in time to attend the first annual meeting and make the most of this opportunity to meet other VALIDATE members.
On our external funding page you'll find some new calls that are likely to be of interest to many of our members:
- Science by Women: Visiting Senior Research Fellowships in Spanish Centres of Excellence, Sept 2017
- Academy of Medical Sciences: Newton Advanced Fellowships, Sep 2017
- Interdisciplinary Research Hubs to Address Intractable Challenges Faced by Developing Countries, Sept 2017
- BBSRC: One Health Approaches to Accelerate Vaccine Development, Oct 2017
There are also some external training opportunities that might be of interest:
- Vaccines Development & Manufacture event, Sept 2017
- Training in scientific writing and publishing, Nature Masterclasses
We've spotted a couple of job openings that members might like:
- Director General of CSRS, Côte d’Ivoire
- Head of Clinical Trials, Kenya
and, we have also, as always, highlighted interesting articles and news on our Twitter account (@NetworkValidate) for followers there, so do follow us!
We look forward to welcoming further new members to the VALIDATE Network over the coming weeks and to meeting many of you at our first annual meeting in September.
Published: 21 August 2017