The VALIDATE Network - Vaccine development for complex intracellular neglected pathogens
One Health HORN Sandpit 2019
Dates: 29 Sep - 3 Oct 2019
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Closing Date for Applications: Wednesday 31st July 2019 (5pm BST)
We are pleased to announce the second HORN Sandpit event. The focus for this event is the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goal 3, “Good Health and Well-Being”.
What is a sandpit?
The purpose of a sandpit is to generate research ideas and high quality research proposals, through a 5 day event that encourages networking, collaborative working and interdisciplinarity. Research ideas generated through a sandpit should have impact within the Horn of Africa region by responding to national (and regional) priorities using a One Health approach. Sandpits provide an opportunity for participants to develop, refine and present research ideas. As part of the event, you will be provided with lectures and guided learning around One Health, ethics, grantsmanship, and how to present research proposals.
1. Researchers at all levels are eligible to participate in a HORN sandpit, but we especially welcome applications from early career/junior researchers
2. Research projects are co-created and developed at the sandpit event. Therefore, we will not be funding research projects that have already been developed prior to the event
3. Applications are open to researchers from Kenya, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Somaliland and Somalia
4. We particularly encourage applications from women
5. Applicants from a wide range of backgrounds are welcome to apply, including (but not limited to): microbiology, economics, data scientists, public health, medicine, veterinary medicine, epidemiology, zoo-archaeology, vector biology, anthropology and social science
6. Attendance at the full five days is required, and please ensure you are able to attend all five days before you apply
For more details, or to apply, visit the event webpage.