The VALIDATE Network has over 600 members from 282 institutes across 80 countries (46 of which are Lower and Middle-Income Countries). Members come from academia, industry, governmental bodies, and non-profit organisations. Our members' are interdisciplinary, with research expertise in a wide range of areas of research that can inform vaccine development. We welcome new members, who can apply to join one of our three levels of membership. All levels of VALIDATE membership are free.
VALIDATE Member Levels
For senior members of the scientific, advocacy or vaccine development community who work directly in the development of vaccines against complex intracellular pathogens, who have been awarded their own funding, work independently leading their own research group, and who will add value to the Network community. This includes Group Leaders from related disciplines, such as (but not limited to) social science, epidemiology, bioengineering, and mathematical modelling.
Group Leaders working on complex intracellular neglected pathogens other than M. tuberculosis, Leishmania spp, Burkholderia pseudomallei and M. leprae are welcome to join VALIDATE, but should be aware that VALIDATE can only fund projects related to our four focus pathogens.
Investigators need to apply to the Network Management Board (NMB) for membership (at any time), and their applications will be decided upon at the next NMB meeting. They then:
- Can collaborate on pump-priming funding applications
- Are invited to attend the VALIDATE Network annual meeting and other events
- Can take part in our equipment redistribution scheme
- Early PIs are eligible to apply for a more senior mentor, if appropriate
- Senior Scientist Investigators should be prepared to be a potential mentor to less senior members of the Network as part of our mentoring scheme
All Network Investigators must sign the VALIDATE Confidentiality Agreement before they will be given full membership rights, including attendance at meetings, due to the nature of the unpublished data that are shared.
- Post-doctoral scientists working on research directly related to vaccine development for TB, leishmaniasis, melioidosis or leprosy
- Post-doctoral researchers working in a field/discipline related to vaccine development (e.g. social sciences, bioengineering) and VALIDATE’s focus pathogens
- We will consider applications from mid-level LMIC researchers who do not have PhDs, if you have extensive experience in our research field and currently work on research for our focus pathogens
- Post-doctoral researchers working on interdisciplinary research and/or complex intracellular neglected pathogens other than M. tuberculosis, Leishmania spp, Burkholderia pseudomallei and M. leprae are welcome to join VALIDATE, particularly if they are keen to build collaborations and gain experience and expertise to move fields, but should be aware that VALIDATE can only fund projects related to our four focus pathogens.
We particularly encourage and welcome applications from Early Career Researchers to join and benefit from the VALIDATE Network. Network Associates should apply to the Management Team for membership (at any time), and their applications will be decided upon monthly.
- Eligible to lead or collaborate on pump-priming grants
- Eligible to apply for VALIDATE Fellowships
- Eligible to apply for training grants
- Eligible to apply for a mentor
- Invited to attend our Network annual meeting and other events
- Able to take part in our equipment redistribution scheme
All Associates must sign the VALIDATE Confidentiality Agreement before they will be given full membership rights, including attendance at meetings, due to the nature of the unpublished data that are shared.
Affiliate membership is for anyone, anywhere, who is interested in our Network’s research, and in vaccine development for these complex neglected diseases. We welcome all comers, including interested members of the general public, post-graduate and undergraduate students, research assistants and technicians, project managers, scientists in other research fields… and anyone else! Affiliate membership is granted automatically upon application, and once a member you’ll be added to our mailing list to receive our quarterly newsletter. In between these, you can keep up to date with all our news on our website and Twitter accounts. You can also take part in our equipment redistribution scheme and join many of our events. We look forward to hearing from you, and to hearing your views.
Members can apply to move between levels as they gain experience and expertise. All members can take advantage of all the information on our website and Twitter (@NetworkValidate), as well as our seminar series, and you can find out more about the benefits of VALIDATE membership here.
To join VALIDATE, please go here.
Current Members - Updating Your Details
If you are already a member and some of your details have changed since you joined VALIDATE, please fill in the below form to update your details: