VALIDATE Weekly Round-up #158 is once again chock full details of upcoming events, training, funding, publications and news important to our members.
BCG100 for Schools - 11 May 2021 - Spread the Word
Last week we officially launched BCG100, our programme of events and online activities celebrating the centenary of the BCG vaccine that has protected millions against tuberculosis. A major part of this programme will be our BCG100 for Schools talks, where VALIDATE members talk about their research and careers in STEM to schoolkids. Our first event will be on 11 May, so please do publicise the talk to any children and/or schools that you know who might be interested in learning more about 'Journeys in science: Pathways to becoming wildlife researchers'. Find out more at www.validate-network.org/bcg100-for-schools.
Your own schools event?
We have already had requestions from teachers for us to provide similar events in June and July 2021. Outreach with young people is a valuable part of any researchers' work - we want to inspire the next generation (and get out the correct facts around vaccines) - so please get in touch with the VALIDATE Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) ASAP if you would like to hold your own VALIDATE event for students.
Discuss BCG100 on the VALIDATE Hub
If you have any thoughts and ideas for BCG100, whether that be schools events or any other activity, join the discussion on the BCG100 channel of the VALIDATE Hub.
Training Opportunities and Events:
- GHN Scientific Manuscript Writing Workshop, Online, 15 March 2021
- TRANSVAC M3 course: Adjuvants and vaccine formulation, Vaccine Formulation Institute, Switzerland, 25-28 March 2021
- IVVN Making effective oral and poster presentations, Online, 6 April 2021
- IVVN Essential Bioinformatics, Online, 13 April 2021
- IVVN Grant Writing Course, Online, 21 April 2021
- BSP Parasites Conference 2021, Online, 21-25 June 2021
VALIDATE also has an exciting series of upcoming events including seminars and workshops and there are more opportunities that can be found on our Training and Events pages.
There are many more relevant career opportunities on our jobs page.
- Super enhancer-mediated transcription of miR146a-5p drives M2 polarization during Leishmania donovani infection, Das S et al, in Plos Pathogens
- Number of people requiring post-exposure prophylaxis to end leprosy: A modelling study, Taal AT et al, in Plos NTDs
- Blood-based host biomarker diagnostics in active case finding for pulmonary tuberculosis: A diagnostic case-control study, Moreira FMF, E Clinical Medicine
A Mycobacterial systems resource for the research community, Judd JA et al, in mBio
Spreading of a mycobacterial cell surface lipid into host epithelial membranes promotes infectivity, Cambier CJ et al, in BioRxiv
Check out our Publications Page for members' publications and email email@example.com if you have a paper you would like to add.
Published: 10 March 2021