Deadline for applications: 4 October 2020
CRACK IT is the NC3Rs open innovation funding competition for collaborative R&D. The competition is designed to solve 3Rs-focused Challenges identified with Sponsors (typically from the industrial sector) and drive commercial benefits from 3Rs technologies by enabling and funding collaborations between big business, academia and the SME sector.
The Science Manager will primarily support the CRACK IT funding competition. The main responsibilities of the role are outlined below:
- Helping collate and analyse metrics on impacts arising from CRACK IT awards and working with our communications team to effectively disseminate this information to both scientific and lay audiences.
- Developing content for and maintaining the NC3Rs Innovation Platform website, which showcases the projects funded through the CRACK IT programme and their outputs, including the products and services developed.
- Working with completed CRACK IT award holders to disseminate products and outputs, maximising the outputs of the scheme.
- Working with the Innovation Programme Manager in project monitoring of on-going Challenges.
- Preparing promotional materials and communication’s packages for Challenges and events.
- Working with the business team to deliver operational aspects of the CRACK IT programme.
- Providing advice and guidance to potential applicants on eligibility and the application process.
- Application processing including eligibility checks, identifying experts for Review and Challenge Panel membership and the allocation of applications to designated Panel members.
- Compiling feedback to successful and unsuccessful applicants following Panel meetings.
- Providing ad-hoc support to other NC3Rs programmes where appropriate.
The ability to work as part of a dynamic team is essential.
Find out more on the MRC Website.