University of Lodz
Research area keywords
Mycobacterium tuberculosis,, innate and adaptive host immune response, BCG bacilli, TB biomarkers
Main research interest: mycobacteria, in particular:
(1) searching for new biomarkers accelerating and facilitating the diagnosis of active tuberculosis and latent Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection;
(2) identification of genetic, cellular, and secretory markers of defense response that may constitute an increased risk of tuberculosis development and progression;
(3) elucidation of the cellular and molecular basis of the differential immune response induced by virulent and attenuated mycobacteria;
Author of over 50 publications, mainly in journals from the JCR list; principal or key investigator of many national projects in the field of tuberculosis immunology. Member of the Polish Society of Experimental and Clinical Immunology, the Polish Society of Clinical Microbiology, and the National Chamber of Laboratory Diagnosticians.
- Wawrocki S, Kielnierowski G, Rudnicka W, Seweryn M, Druszczynska M. Interleukin-18, Functional IL-18 Receptor and IL-18 Binding Protein Expression in Active and Latent Tuberculosis. Pathogens. 2020;9(6):451. doi:10.3390/pathogens9060451
- Wawrocki S, Seweryn M, Kielnierowski G, Rudnicka W, Wlodarczyk M, Druszczynska M. IL-18/IL-37/IP-10 signalling complex as a potential biomarker for discriminating active and latent TB. PLoS One. 2019 Dec 10; 14(12):e0225556. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0225556.
- Wlodarczyk M., Rudnicka W., Janiszewska-Drobińska B., Kielnierowski G., Kowalewicz-Kulbat M., Fol M., Druszczynska M. Interferon-gamma assay in combination with tuberculin skin test are insufficient for the diagnosis of culture-negative pulmonary tuberculosis. PLoS One 2014 Sep 15;9(9):e107208. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0107208
- Druszczynska M, Wlodarczyk M, Kielnierowski G, Seweryn M, Wawrocki S, Rudnicka W. CD14-159C/T polymorphism in the development of delayed skin hypersensitivity to tuberculin. PLoS One. 2017 Dec 27;12(12):e0190106. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0190106
Weblinks of interest